Sunday, November 17, 2013

Kristen: Prizes for Baby shower

So in case you were wondering, here are the prizes that went into those little prize bags. I tried to be as accurate as possible, and used whatever I had sitting around my craft room.
Small cloth needle books with wool pages
Thread waxers in shape of acorns
I also added a little thread holder
Homemade lip balm with shea butter, coconut oil, and olive oil in tin cases
All different pairs of earrings made with period accurate stones and 14k gold
Cloth bags that I made

You are probably beginning to see the scope of my madness. I make Civil War jewelry, and even have an etsy shop where I sell it! My lip balm/lotion is a recipe I often make for family and friends. As you well know, sewing is quite a hobby as well...

I truly enjoy making prizes for other people. In the past year, I've already made two dresses for friends, and countless little things for some of the newer members of the 21st Michigan. There's something amazing about giving! So dear reader, I will be giving you tutorials for most of the things I made for the shower! Be ready for more posts in the next few weeks!

~Kristen


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the tutorials as I also like to make things for people and give them away, It drives my husband crazy. lol

    ReplyDelete

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...