Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Holiday Nights: Greenfield Village 2020

 I was a little worried this year about Holiday Nights. We missed out on the Hallowe'en event in October when I was sick with COVID, but the weather loomed with a rainstorm. Luckily we were able to sneak past the drizzle and have an amazing time! I'd like to add that Greenfield Village had some awesome guidelines, including only 25% capacity, hand sanitizer, required masks, and social distancing rules. Is it wrong for me to wish for something similar in the future??


Whenever I go to Holiday Nights, I have a checklist; say hi to people I know, eat a beef sandwich, drink some eggnog, sit by the fire, tease a Krampus, and enjoy some roasted chestnuts on the way out. Also, take some cute pictures with my fiance :) By my usual standards, this year was a success!

By Kristen COVID standards...it was something. This was the most steps I've done (with my tracker) in over 3 months. By the time I made it to the car, my chest really hurt and I had trouble breathing. Every so often we had to stop to let me sit and breathe, which was annoying with all of the fun things to see! My finance is totally patient and understanding with my recovery, but knows when to slow me down. He made sure I didn't get up when I was dizzy and wheezing, though I felt like a million years old!

I'm glad we were able to end 2020 on a good note. I hope you've had a safe and fun holiday!

~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...