Thursday, November 18, 2021

The Cold is Here!

 Finally, FINALLY, we have frost. That first bite in the air, the lingering cold in our chest when you take a deep breath...Michigan at her finest. 


This year we're trying to plan homemade gifts, and I'm currently in planning mode. I always love a good Christmas ornament, preferable with year and some customization. Of course I'll destroy every surface of our kitchen with some goopy concoction I'll throw together. Hopefully it will turn out well enough to give away as presents. Hopefully!

We still have a few things to do before real winter can hit. We need to button up the boat safely, take in all the lawn furniture, and clean out our dog run. I'd like to put up the Christmas decorations earlier this year if I can. We're lucky our cats don't turn into little assassins when we set up the tree.


I'm remembering that this time last year...that I didn't remember much of everything. I had that nasty COVID brain fog for months on end. I don't remember what I did or ate for Thanksgiving, and it felt like I woke up from a dream in February. While I still feel some effects, I'm back to my old self in a number of ways. At least I'll be able to taste the food more!

As COVID still rages, I'm wondering what that will mean for the next season. I know that reenacting will not be the same for me. I can't remain the same; there are people who literally threatened me harm, lurking at events behind petticoats and smiles. There are people who completely said/did terrible things during the pandemic, and I don't think I can stomach being in the same room with them. There are a lot of things wrong with reenacting, and something needs to change.

So with that, I'm not thinking about making my next outfit. Instead I'm planning on my next "life move," and what that looks like for my hobbies and free time.

We'll see. At least I have the distraction of the holidays to keep thinking...

Kristen

1 comment:

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...