Saturday, October 16, 2021

Power of the Press Fest 2021

There's always something interesting going on in the Detroit area, especially if you're crafty like me! I'm constantly looking for an event to check out for a few hours. It's like I'm making up for over a year of no events...luckily there's no shortage of things to do now!


This past weekend I went with my friend Rickie to Power of the Press Fest at Eastern Market. It was fun hanging out around artists, specifically those that work with paper as a medium. There were so many examples of print art, and a ton of techniques and supplies used. We saw a few demonstrations, including paper marbling and bookbinding. Rickie was really awesome and discussed the different things she recognized; since she is an art teacher, she has way more experience with this stuff than I do.

 We were there a LOT longer than we originally planned! After all of that hard work buying art and talking about art, we enjoyed some artistic ice cream. Definitely a really sweet ending to an inspiring visit to Eastern Market. I will be going back next year for sure!


~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...