Thursday, July 1, 2021

A Quick Trip to Greenfield

Now that we live a little closer to Greenfield Village, we decided to throw down for a yearly membership. Typically I would have the experience of "living" there for four days during the Civil War event, but it turns out that I don't get to spend much time hanging out and exploring. With many events still canceled, this was my time to go look around!

It's fun to start noticing details when visiting. You start to notice little things, like designs and wallpaper, and the color of thread sitting out on a table. I'm particularly fond of the food options as well; Eagle Tavern has only recently opened, but A Taste of History is open, with some DELICIOUS pickled vegetables (side note: I still haven't gotten all of my taste back, but I can really taste pickled things). We've already gone enough to pay for our membership several times over.

So enjoy my observations of little details at Greenfield Village. They're inspiring me to do a few projects or at least drool from afar...


~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...