Monday, June 28, 2021

A Little Quilting Class

 With the reopening of so many things in Michigan right now, I find myself wanting to do just about everything. And of course I this little gem from the Governor Warner Mansion. I signed up to do a little quilting!


While I do have experience sewing, I can say I've never quilted before. Ever. So I jumped in feet first, excited to try something new. Andrea Fields, of NeedleArtists and Crafters was an excellent teacher, and within two hours I had a fresh coaster to add to my collection of handmade items I'm always too afraid to use :)


Unfortunately, I also made the mistake of aggravating my carpal tunnel, so I'm working slowly in a brace for at least a few days. Not that I have a lot of projects that I'm working on right now, but at the very least I'd like to clean the house! We have a lot of events coming up, including sailing, a fashion show, and maybe some trips to Alaska and New York. This actually starting to feel like a real summer!

~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...