Sunday, July 19, 2020

Inspiration Sunday

We are in the process of moving right now...thunderstorms and packing and pandemic oh my! Also, I made the mistake of packing a box and picking it up. Yep. Apparently that's what it takes to throw out my back now? And that was the first day.

In any case we're busy, so I haven't had much time for crafting. Normally I'd have a few projects going at the same time, but with everything being packed away for at least a few weeks, I'm mostly limited to my reading and writing. I've had fun recently looking at textiles online. The design elements are inspirational, and I.''d like to learn more There's quite a bit of history behind the techniques, as well as questions that I have about design elements and appropriation from different cultures. I've got a stack of books coming in the mail that will hopefully help with these. I'm going to save them here for when I do get a chance to dive in deeper. Perhaps my rainy day textile looking will lead me down even more research paths!
File:Textile (France), 1851–63 (CH 18454813).jpg
File:Textile, 19th century (CH 18569425).jpg
File:Textile, mid-19th century (CH 18398855).jpg
File:Textile (England), late 19th century (CH 18384497).jpg
File:Textile (Spain), mid-19th century (CH 18563397).jpg
File:Textile (possibly Scotland), mid-19th century (CH 18457601).jpg

File:Textile (Japan), 19th century (CH 18348141).jpg
File:Textile (India), 19th century (CH 18344471).jpg

~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...