Thursday, July 30, 2020

A Time of Transition

We've moved!

I've had very little time to write, or really do anything except pack and unpack boxes. I forgot about the billions of beads that needed organizing. And my books weigh more than I ever realized. Just going through the craft room alone took several trips. Thankfully my fiance and I muscled through the process. Tiresome, but doable.

With a COVID filled school year looming on the horizon, I'm a bit anxious as to what my time will look like in the next month. That district-wide kickoff with 1,000 people in the auditorium? Somehow I don't think it will happen. But even IF they're able to make our class sizes smaller, ensure that all kids wear masks, and provide adequate PPE/cleaning procedures (HA), I have a lot of work to do to prepare my classroom and lesson plans. Michigan has had an upward trajectory of cases, so I wish they'd just let us get started with remote learning. Building an online classroom takes time!

I'll be pretty busy over the next week, so we'll see if I can crank out a blog post with updates about this fall. There's another online Costume On peeking around the corner, and it's going to be awesome!

~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...