I would like to give you, on occasion, some of the recipes that the wonderful women researched.
|The room was jammed packed with hoops! (Pic by Ken)|
- Melt the waxes and gently heat the oils, slowly pour the oils into the waxes beating constantly.
- Warm your scented water to the same temperature as the waxes and oils and add this gradually to the wax and oil mixtures, beating all the time. Leave to cool.
- When cool and creamy, beat in any essential oils that you would like to add. Spoon into prepared jars and label.
- Record any failures for the next time you make your creams. Good luck!
Lemon Cleansing Cream:
Lemon has a reputation for cleaning greasy skin and smoothing wrinkles as well as having a mildly antiseptic quality.
- 1 tbs. beeswax
- 1 1/2 tbs. petroleum jelly
- 3 tbs.mineral oil
- 1 tsp witch hazel
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice, strained
- 1/8 tsp borax
- 6 drops essential of lemon
- melt the beeswax and petroleum jelly together over a low heat. Warm the mineral oil, then gradually add it to the wax mixture, beating for 3-5 minuets.
- add the witch hazel to the lemon juice. Warm gently then stir in the borax until dissolved. Slowly add this to the wax mixture, beating steadily until it is creamy and cool.
- Once cool; stir in the lemon oil. Spoon into clean jars and label.
Remember to recorded your success and failures!