Sunday, April 21, 2013

Becky: Blond Bonnet Form

Yay! My bonnet is done!
I still need to remove the parchment paper and finish the edging.
But look where it began!
I completed both bonnets up to this stage. I had to wait to borrow a ham, then later buy one to form the back of the bonnet.

I find the most difficult part of making a bonnet is getting that tab of straw to fit over the gap. The back of this bonnet protrudes more than what I would like it too.
I hope the forest bonnet, Im making for a friend, will have a little cleaner back than this one for me. 

P.S. There is 33 more days until Memorial Weekend at Greenfield Village! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...