here is one recipe that the wonderful women researched.
Three steps to making your own skin cream:
- Melt the waxes and gently heat the oils, slowly pour the oils into the waxes beating constantly.
- Warm your scented water to the same temperature as the waxes and oils and add this gradually to the wax and oil mixtures, beating all the time. Leave to cool.
- When cool and creamy, beat in any essential oils that you would like to add. Spoon into prepared jars and label.
- Record any failures for the next time you make your creams. Good luck!
Glycerin and Rosewater Cleanser:
- 4 tbs. lanolin
- 2 oz almond oil
- 1 tbs glycerin
- 1/8 tsp borax
- 3 tbs rosewater
- 1 tsp zinc oxide ointment
- 6 drops essential oil of rose
- Melt the lanolin and gently heat the almond oil and glycerin together. Slowly pour the oil and glycerin mixture into the lanolin, beat constantly.
- Dissolve the borax in the warmed rosewater and add gradually to the lanolin and oil mixture, beat all the time. Leave to cool.
- When cool and creamy, beat in the zinc oxide and rose oil. Spoon into prepared jars and label.
Remember to record your successes and failures!