Monday, August 2, 2021

The Last Drops of Summer

It's finally starting to dawn on me that my summer is ending. After the longest, most difficult school year of my entire career, those precious few months have whittled down to only two weeks. I'm both excited and nervous about what this fall will bring.

Like many other educators, I've tried to spend the summer relaxing, or at the very least keeping my blood pressure down (LOL!). I'm not exaggerating when I say that thinking about the past school year triggers my anxiety; between my extended illness, incidents of racism/homophobia, a lack of resources, and constantly changing health measures, my body was just done. To say that the break was needed is an understatement. 
But I'm slowly bringing myself back. I've started cleaning and organizing the house, preparing for the fall. And I have a school book wishlist if you're interested in buying a book for my classroom. I've had a hard time being creative at all, but I'm slowly doing little projects here and there. Within the next few weeks, I hope to be in the right state of mind to be back to my cheerful, teaching self. My students deserve that, just as much as I do!

~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...