Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Falling into Autumn

 Autumn in Michigan is really a sight to behold. The skies stay blue but the wind blows cold. As I stare out of my window now, I see the trees in brilliant gold and red hues. There's ALWAYS the smell of a campfire or cooking stove, almost as if it soaks in our skin. Thus begins the sleepy, pre-nap phase that is Fall.

The pets are settling into the routines quite nicely. Pup gets a walk every day, while the cats are lounging on every surface possible. We have a little enclosed area for them to hunt insects outside and they love hunting their prey. It keeps them busy and out of our way when we're trying to get things done.


I've started some new projects as well. A few Christmas gifts in progress, and I've started painting Warhammer miniatures. They are intricate little pieces used for a game, which reminds me a bit like risk and a role playing game all rolled into one. For me, there is something pleasing about painting the tiniest of details. Of course another craft to add to the pile!


I do have a few historic things to add over the next week or two. I never seem to remember to take pictures of what I'm working on. At the very least I have a cute box to show off when it is finished! I'll update when I have more time to write.

Stay safe! Prep for Halloween!

~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...