Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Leaving the Project Doldrums

After a quick look through my blog/life timelines, I've recently realized that I've been involved with reenacting for nearly a decade (not including participating as a kid). I know that's nothing compared to many people I've spoken to, but it qualifies as almost a third of my life. There are very few things I've participated in for that long. So as you can imagine, sometimes I need a fresh perspective, a new look at what I want to do.

The other side of my participation has been running my shop. I've been selling jewelry/small items for at least five years, and it's easy to land in the doldrums. So I created a vision board with images to inspire me to keep going in my research. It didn't take long; I've had most of these pictures saved for awhile, just electronically.

Some of these are pieces from my collection, others I've made that make me feel awesome. Throw in a little research and a dash of primary sources and you have a vision board! I'm not necessarily making any of these pieces, they're just inspiring to me. Now it's posted near my computer where I can be reminded every day that there's still new things for me to try.

I hope you can find a way out of your doldrums! Would anyone want to do a vision board party?

~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...