Sunday, December 29, 2019

Greenfield Village Holiday Nights 2019

My awesome fiance decided an really awesome Christmas present this year: Greenfield Village, Holiday Nights! We drove the hour down to Dearborn, and enjoyed every second. My favorite moments were the parachuting Brit, eating roasted chestnuts, and looking at the different historic Christmas trees. Usually I only get to spend time at Greenfield Village if it's the Civil War weekend due to my hectic schedule. It was nice to carve out some time to enjoy it during the holiday season!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the night; there's no order to it, just what I liked. You may recognize some of my friends as presenters or the type of historic handiwork on display. There's something inspiring about watching others create, and the next few days were spent designing new things for my shop. This birthday present was certainly needed! It helped that it was about 55 degrees in Michigan...

This is Greenfield Village doing it right!

I hope I didn't make you too jealous...if you ever get a chance, do try to visit for one of their Holiday Nights weekends. It's absolutely wonderful, a gift I can receive every year and love it!

Merry Birthmas, everyone!

~Kristen

2 comments:

  1. The quiet zone must be for the college kids that go there (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if they do something like this during the Civil War Days? I have two cousins that would benefit from the quiet spot.

    ReplyDelete

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...