Friday, January 18, 2013

Kristen: My upcoming projects

I can't believe it has been less than a week since our sewing party! I feel that a week of teaching, master's classes, and just the general ho-hum of winter has made the time fly by. While it is *another* step closer to our summer reenactments, I am a bit anxious to start my new projects. Perhaps writing out my to-do list for the next few months will inspire me. Here goes:

Big projects:
1.   Black semi-sheer mourning dress, with open coat sleeve based on Past Patterns and a gathered bodice. Since I will be in half mourning, I can use my white sleeves and wear a white collar. I'm looking forward to the sheer look for summer!



  2.   Blue floral day cotton dress, with coat sleeve and basic gathered bodice, similar to the Peachtree         Pattern. I didn't need another day dress in the least (I have two sheers and a nice workdress already) but the fabric called out to me! I found it at The Dressmaker's Shop at the last reenactment and I do believe she has 13 yards still in stock.




Small Projects:
1.   Rosette belt, similar to many I have seen already
2.   Paper flowers for my bonnet. My Dad bought me a book with so many ideas!
3.   Silk sewing case from the same book. I haven't yet decided on the shape.

If you haven't noticed, I have a tendency to fill up my time with many projects and activities. These are just my reenacting projects; I did not include my t-shirt blankets, embroidery, or the many buttons and stitches to repair daily life. If only there could be two of me!

For the short term, I will try to cut the fabric for my mourning dress in the next week or two. As for tonight, I think I'm going to relax and just embroider in front of the tv. I am only human...

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...