How to treat the hair for Palette work
1. Gather your materials: glue, hair, brush, scissors, aluminum foil
2. Swipe glue onto hair liberally, making sure to keep it flat
3. Wait and let it dry (or get a blowdryer like me!)
4. Cut pieces and create!
The flower was fairly easy, but the weaving was nearly impossible. I can't help but think that I'm not using the right technique for that one...oh well, more research I suppose! Later I tried the whole process again, this time letting the glue dry completely. It was easier to work with and could be cut without flaking.
My cutting skills need more work too. Practice makes perfect! I also have a few side projects that I am trying to finish before the Charlton Park reenactment this year in late July. Here's my running list at the moment:
1. Finish gold dress
2. Recover Felicia's parasol
3. Finish traveling bag
4. Finish another handkerchief
5. Make 1 hair ribbon