Sunday, June 30, 2013

Becky: 1 Down 2,000 More To Go

I have no problem admitting I'm selfish. I find my self most selfish at my sewing projects. I seem to always come first. One example, this cap:

I may have, once again, penciled in another project on my list, but for once Ive completed one!

This baby's cap is made out of thin cotton. It was 50% off when I wasnt really looking for fabric. I hate when that happens! It could be washed a couple more times to me softer, but I liked how I could see my fingers through it. 

I had washed and cut the fabric that day and, like all the other projects, neglected it for a few days. I said to myself that I could pick up one project today and work on it. I watched the 150th G-burg Live ceremony online while I worked on it. I finished the cap as soon as the ceremony ended. All I need is to add the drawstring, something I still need to buy.

I was happy that it was light work, easy and I completed it in one day. I plan to have a few more to do, yet Ill save them for an event to keep myself busy. Maybe Ill bring two at Hastings when Ill announce to my Living History family to good news.

And If you couldnt detect the "good news"; I am pregnant with my first child. I have not reached the 3rd month, and Ive hear that this is the most harsh time, and its kind of a superstition that if you announce before the first trimester, then there is a chance of something going wrong.

Im excited to bring another member into the reenacting community and I think I would have the most fun making the infants clothing. I have watched Zane come into the community with his mother and I look at them in awe and excitement.

So here is my updated sewing list! The bolded projects are the ones most currently have been worked on, yet all projects have been started.... because I dont know how to finish one! 
  1. Stephanie's travel bag
  2. Fix Dinner dress belt
  3. Add Drawstring to silk wrapper
  4. Sophia's Travel bag
  5. Margaret's wool dress
  6. Finish Susie's bonnet
  7. My travel bag
  8. Michelle's corset
  9. Finish my bonnet
  10. Baby clothes. Did I say Baby clothes?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...