Here is another recipe that the wonderful women researched:
Three steps to making your own skin cream:
- Melt the waxes and gently heat the oils, slowly pour the oils into the waxes beating constantly.
- Warm your scented water to the same temperature as the waxes and oils and add this gradually to the wax and oil mixtures, beating all the time. Leave to cool.
- When cool and creamy, beat in any essential oils that you would like to add. Spoon into prepared jars and label.
- Record any failures for the next time you make your creams. Good luck!
Light Rose Moisturizer:
- 1 tsp. beeswax
- 1 tsp lanolin
- 1 tbs almond oil
- 1/2 tsp wheat germ oil
- 1/4 tsp borax
- 3 tbs rosewater, warmed
- 6 drops essential oil of rose or rose geranium
- Melt the beeswax and lanolin together, stirring constantly.
- Warm the oils gently and gradually beat them into the waxes. Dissolve the borax in the rosewater and slowly add to the oil and wax mixture, beating constantly until cool. Stir in the rose oil as the mixture begins to thicken.
- Spoon into jars and label.
Remember to record your successes and failures!