Thursday, May 23, 2013

Becky: Greenfield Village Prep Day 2

Before I pass out from such a rainy day, I though Id update you on our crazy week.

School is not helping me tonight. I need this night, in particular to prep for GFV and Im stressing over the limited time I have. Its no wonder I have a cold.

I have a few sneak peaks on my sheer dress that I made presentable, but not finished to my liking.
Progress a month ago

Yesterday, day 2, I made hand sewn eyelets for the bodice. I prefer making these from now on. I had trouble with placing the hook and eyes earlier, I think I was too use to hook and eye tape that I forgot how to "manually" place hooks and eyes. 

I had this hideous gap between the waist piping and the gauged skirt. Not only did the hand sewn eyelets make the bodice lay nicer, it fixed the gap in between. 


Well, as my boyfriend likes to say, I like to tease. Here is my tease to you! The final project will be shown at Greenfield Village, Memorial day Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see it! :) Hope your cold gets better soon!

    -Veronica

    ReplyDelete

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...