1. Black semi-sheer mourning dress, with open coat sleeve based on Past Patterns and a gathered bodice. Since I will be in half mourning, I can use my white sleeves and wear a white collar. I'm looking forward to the sheer look for summer!
2. Blue floral day cotton dress, with coat sleeve and basic gathered bodice, similar to the Peachtree Pattern. I didn't need another day dress in the least (I have two sheers and a nice workdress already) but the fabric called out to me! I found it at The Dressmaker's Shop at the last reenactment and I do believe she has 13 yards still in stock.
1. Rosette belt, similar to many I have seen already
2. Paper flowers for my bonnet. My Dad bought me a book with so many ideas!
3. Silk sewing case from the same book. I haven't yet decided on the shape.
If you haven't noticed, I have a tendency to fill up my time with many projects and activities. These are just my reenacting projects; I did not include my t-shirt blankets, embroidery, or the many buttons and stitches to repair daily life. If only there could be two of me!
For the short term, I will try to cut the fabric for my mourning dress in the next week or two. As for tonight, I think I'm going to relax and just embroider in front of the tv. I am only human...