Thursday, December 26, 2013

Kristen: Christmas Crafts and Celebration!

As of recently, I've noticed that my posts have been...nonexistent! My fiancee is now home, and we've been running from shopping trip to holiday party. Don't think I've stopped sewing; in fact, I have a few recipes and patterns to share!

Felt Owl Ornaments
 Cost: Felt (.55), hot glue ($1-5)
Time: 30 minutes or less
Skill Level: Easy! Cut shapes, glue pieces on, and then simple stitch around!

Cinnamon Glue Ornaments
Cost: Elmer's Glue ($1), Cinnamon ($1), Applesauce ($1). Makes 15 ornaments.
Time: 1-2 hours mixing, cutting out shapes. 1-2 hours baking.
Skill Level: Try not to set yourself on fire with the oven. Other than that, easy.

Awesome Christmas Brunch
Egg Cups
Ingredients: Egg, Cheese, Hash Browns
Steps: Mix ingredients, fill sprayed cupcake tins 2/3 way full. Cook until outsides brown.

Banana Bread
Ingredients: Mashed banana, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, fruit
Steps: Mix ingredients, bake at 375 until outsides brown.

Cran-Pecan-Brie Baguette
Ingredients: Brie, french loaf, maple syrup, brown sugar, pecans, craisins. 
Steps: Lightly bake baguette, heat syrup/sugar, add brie and other ingredients on top.

It has been a most excellent Christmas! I am so lucky to have a wonderful fiancee who puts up with me and my crafting craziness. He certainly enjoyed the food, as did my family! 

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...