Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Christmas Preparations

The holiday season is certainly a rush for me and my family. I spend the weeks before pushing and prodding my students at school to finish finals and turn in work. Then I attempt to fill some of my online orders of jewelry. Finally, there is shopping and cooking and all the million preparations that make our family gatherings possible. I'm lucky if I'm not burned out by Christmas day.
He's all for being burned out on the couch!

This year I've done my best to start earlier, and it has certainly made a big difference! Most of the shopping is done already (thanks Amazon!), with the recipes and plans already made for food. I still have an order or two to send out, but I have the weekend. So in my now plentiful spare time (ha), I've been able to create a few items for my shop/future events. Aren't these little things just lovely?

I may turn the punch paper into bookmarks, or even the front of a needle case. We shall see! I hope you're enjoying your holiday preparations. Expect a post from me soon about the new year. Stay safe and love history, friends!
~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...