Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Civilian Symposium 2016 Day 2

I started Day Two of the whole thing by helping Kay with her seed bead workshop. Little do you know, but I REALLY like untangling knots. And teaching. I'm all about that teaching!

Afterwards, my Mom and I took a horseback tour of the battlefield through Hickory Hollow trail rides. The weather was fantastic! About 70 degrees of fresh spring air accompanied us. The leaves were just buds, so we could see a very far distance. My horse Vickie kept nipping at the leader, while my Mom's, Splash, walked at a snail's pace. 

Afterwards we checked out the museum. I'd visited this past summer, but my Mom really didn't know about the battle. The cyclorama rocks by the way!

Dinner consisted of awesomeness at the Dobbin House. If you go to Gettysburg, make it a part of your trip. We dined on shrimp, crab cakes, and about 100 pieces of bread. 

By Friday the shopping area opened, allowing me to spend my hard earned money on toys. Oh, and a million other things! My Mom even got excited, and she doesn't reenact...

The conference put on a small tableaux at night, complete with singing, poetry, and punch. We ended the night by going through Larissa's bag o' fabric. The Lace Bandits Strike again!

~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...