Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Another Sailing Adventure

Summer sailing! This time we sailed up in Caseville, in the watery thumb of Michigan! It was a pretty chilly weekend even with the wetsuits. As much as you prepare yourself for the cold, nothing really can when you're on the water for four hours getting water everywhere. Catamarans are made for windy, splashy days, not a chilly, overcast race.

I've gotten much stronger, even stronger than last year when I sailed. I was worried that I wouldn't have the endurance to do more than an hour of sailing, but I was able to do it all. Of course the Pure Barre workouts and walking may have helped with that! Regardless, we placed 5th in one of the races, which I am satisfied with considering last year I was so nervous. I'm definitely getting the hang of things, going out on windier days, and learning all of the correct terms. I'm almost a proper sailor!



It's odd that a chunk of summer is already gone. I've yet to really relax into a summer schedule. I have a few trips planned in August, so maybe by then I'll get to feel vacation. I hope you're staying safe and enjoying the sun! Hopefully I can sail again before we start school in the fall.

~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...