Thursday, April 16, 2020

An Etruscan Hand Screen

Part of my quarantine plan is to spend some time looking over my primary sources. I love reading the stories, catching recipes, and just taking a deep breath of history, even if it is electronic. Click here if you're looking to do the same, as I've compiled a digital list of sources I use often. Have fun going down the rabbit hole!

In the meantime, I keep finding little projects that I'd love to try. This hand-screen is a good example of something I absolutely DON'T NEED. Usually I'm reenacting outside in the elements, so much like my punch paper, I'd be terrified I'd ruin it. Even when I'm presenting in a house, I'm typically too busy to be fanning myself. Also, I'm probably eating, which means I shouldn't be fanning.

Nevertheless...I desire to make such a trifle.



I'm also somewhat interested in turning this into a rug. Why yes this quarantine is driving me down the road to insanity! Beep beep!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...