Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Punch Paper Purse Project

Here's another punch paper item I've been wanting to try for ages. I like the idea of customizing a purse with the first letter of my name. These sorts of customizable pieces were all the rage in the 19th century. Also, that pink just pops!


I created the main punch paper piece first, and then glued that to a piece of covered chipboard. The silk I have in stock is very limited, a situation I hope to rectify soon! I would prefer a red for next time, or a light blue. For the rest of the bag I made a pattern similar to one I use for my little sewing bags. With the exception of the punch paper piece, the project was quick, easy, and fun!


I have all sorts of ideas for designs for my next version of this. The original has a crown and extra pieces, but I wanted something more simple for my first round. Next time I might do more of a geometric pattern. This will be an adorable sewing bag, though I doubt I'll bring it outside much. Punch paper is delicate like that. Perhaps a prize like this for the conference? Hmmm...

~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...