Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Becky: Outlander

I read Outlander in high school. I was hooked right from the start and has been forevermore my utmost favorite book series of all time. I even got most of Diana Gabildon's books signed by her when she came to Michigan.

Even though the book was first published in the 90's, Outlander has become a television sensation! This fall, Starz had played 8 episodes mirroring the book so close I knew what quote was next! The next "season" will be playing in April and I just can't get enough of it.

Why is this series so addicting? Besides the romance and nudity, which is a revolution in its own, is the detail to historical accuracy! I learned so much from the series, medically, historically, even about politics I never knew. 

The television series also does a fine job with the location and costuming. Even American Dutchess expresses her graduated towards the accuracy in Outlander: "I'm going to come right out and say that I personally thought the dress was outstanding, and was surprisingly accurate..." She goes on explaining the references and detail the producers took note.

So I highly suggest watching Outlander if you have Starz!

What about you? Is this your first time hearing about Outlander? Or are you a true die heart fan of 20 years? I'd love to know in the "du-baly-do" comment box below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...