Monday, October 27, 2014

Becky: Kentucky

This week, my husband-to-be, baby, and I went to Kentucky! It took 5-6 hours to get there with baby. Cynthia was happy most of the way there and back, but there were sometimes that she would rather be playing than be in a car seat.

It was a business trip really. The GIE was an educational expo for me. I learned a lot about my husbands company. But that's some boring info I don't want to talk about.

I want to tell you about the Kentucky Derby and the jack-o'-lantern extravaganza we saw!!

The coolest thing I have ever seen was the jack-o'-lantern "extravaganza".

There were thousands of carved pumpkins! While we walked through the timeline of history, we saw the Mona Lisa and steam boat willie. Cynthia showed her enthusiasm by screeching and jumping in my arms. I know she enjoyed it as much as we did.

Then we saw the Churchill Downs Kentucky Derby. It was an emotional place for me. Loving horses all my life, it was a bucket list destination! I would highly recommend visiting this place if you were in Louisville.

We took a side trip to Indiana to the Ohio river and saw Lewis and Clarke exposition statue and some fossils. And even passed thomas Edison's home 3 times. Seriously, passed it, it was so small, next to a wearhouse lot.

Overall it was a fantastic trip and I hope to visit there again.

What about you? Have you ever been to Louisville? What was your favorite place? Is there an attraction I should see the next time we visit? I'd love to hear your suggestions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

On My Bookshelf: December

December has been a really rough month. Between what happened in Oxford (not far from where I live...) and just the general pandemic issues,...